Yogaha continues to offer Teacher Training, Mentoring and Professional Development in Iyengar Yoga for certified teachers, those aspiring to teach and students drawn more to personal development and a deeper understanding in the practice of yoga.
Ongoing guidance and support is offered both online and in person, enabling the development of skills on the yoga mat and with teaching.
The subjective understanding that comes through personal practice aims to cultivate clarity, which in turn informs responsive and effective decisions when teaching.
Practice based skills set the ground for understanding your limitations and difficulties and provide a workable framework, enabling you to adapt to constant changing conditions.
Teaching is a noble art, it asks of our passion and dedication, and for a love of working with people. The teacher-student relating is a sacred encounter. As a student we look up to our teachers to be inspired, guided, loved and supported through our process.
As a teacher we care for and support the people we are working with to grow; we show compassion; we are straightforward and reliable. We help to bring out and nourish the qualities that serve individuality and uniqueness.
Trainees having completed the requirements outlined by the Australian Iyengar Yoga Association are eligible, with the recommendation of their teacher, to present as a candidate for certification at Assessment.
PRINCIPAL ELEMENTS OF THE TEACHER TRAINING PROGRAM
DEVELOPING SKILLS IN PRACTICE : ASANA & PRANAYAMA
1. Establishing an energetic foundation and a center of gravity in the pose.
2. The use of effort for storage and distribution of energy in our body/mind.
3. The role of extension and establishing energetic pathways.
4. The use of sequencing and timing.
5. The correct use of props (supports).
DEVELOPING SKILLS IN TEACHING AND ADJUSTING
1. Language skills for the development of effective communication and precision.
2. Demonstration skills and the usefulness of body language.
3. Organisational skills with handling group & individual dynamics.
4. Observational skills for developing clear perception and intuition.
5. Develop a clear and effective understanding with the use of props
6. Develop a safe and tactile awareness with physically adjusting students.
7. Presentation of an asana and its relationship with your body and personal hygiene when teaching.
Currently there exists four Levels of training ranging from Introductory thru to Advanced.
DEVELOPING OBJECTIVE KNOWLEDGE
Human Anatomy & Physiology
The Course Program will cover the systems of the body and their functioning in relation to Yoga practice. You will gain a basic understanding in the use of remedial and therapeutic aspects of yoga and how to deal with common injuries and ailments, pregnancy and menstruation. During the Training Program it is a requirement that you undertake a basic Human Anatomy and Physiology course (36 hrs in total).
There are different avenues external to the course Program you can pursue upon application.
You will gain an overview in the study of yoga philosophy and look more closely at Patanjali`s contribution to yoga and the application in our daily lives. As well, BKS Iyengars contribution to yoga and how it relates to the Ashtanga system of Patanjali. You will be required to submit a series of written assignments and research all relevant material, some of which will be made available thru the library at Yogaha.
BASIC PROGRAM STRUCTURE
Yogaha Teacher Training Schedule Feb-June 2022
James Bahuth has been working with people teaching
Iyengar Yoga, Thai Remedial Massage and related Meditation
Therapies since the early 1990`s.
During that time he has taught weekly classes within the local community and conducted retreats in Bali, Europe, India and Australia.
that allows them to be more centered, clear and
Please download the PDF registration form and return by post to
PO Box 3045
Ripponlea VIC 3185
Or email your registration information to firstname.lastname@example.org